TSSC Issues for Next-Gen ILS
Issues for the Working Groups and Discussion Groups to consider for implementation
- Joint Use Facilities
- For double-cataloged items, which records migrate?
- What's the new workflow so that things are cataloged just once?
- Merging college and university bib records
Issues for the TSSC to consider for implementation
- Cataloging guidelines for the shared FCS-SUS bib
- Data cleanup
- How many FTE are involved in Cataloging? ____
- How many FTE are involved in Acquisitions? ____
- What is the library staff size (total? Tech services?) ____
- How many FTE are involved in eResources? ____
- Does your institution have branch institutions and if so, do they have their own cataloging/acquisition system?
- What percent of your acquisitions budget is going toward print versus EBooks?
- What percent of your acquisitions budget is for databases?
- What percent of your acquisitions budget is for print serials?
- Are you purchasing streaming videos for your collection?
- Do you put your institution’s eResourses in Aleph?
- Which departments have access and use Aleph acquisitions module, now?
- If so, how do they use the system?
- When you order something, what type of record do you put into Aleph. (shared bib, acquisition records, Coutts, Gobi)
- Does your institution outsource Cataloging?
- Where does your institution retrieve cataloging records now (shared bib, University, Library of Congress, OCLC, original)?
- How many items are originally cataloged individually (not batch loaded) a year?
- Does your institution catalogs on OCLC/is a member?
- Does your institution set holdings on OCLC for print?
- Does your institution set holdings on OCLC for eResources?
- How much original vs copy cataloging does your institution do?
- Does your institution update headings in Aleph to be the current authorized form?
- Does your institution create NACO records?
- Does your institution create and maintain local authority records?
- How often does your institution add your holding to another library's record, and how often must you bring in a new record?
- What cataloging standards do you use? (LCRI, AACR2, RDA, LCPS, CONSER, PCC, BIBCO, etc.)
- Do you participate in joint use facility cataloging?
- What platform does your institution use for accessing and maintaining eResources?
- When your institution receives serials, does your institution check-in serials?
- How many print journals does the library still subscribe to?